Saturday 24 November 2012

colds...coughs...and comfort foods

Sometimes it's the simple things in life that put a smile on our face :)

Caught a bad cold a week ago, and over the week my symptoms just got worse. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get an ear infection too -_- not very nice...but thank god it's the weekend, and I can snuggle up in my comfy pyjamas and enjoy my mum's home cooked food :) It's at times like these, we truly appreciate the comfort of home and food that's been cooked with love and care.


So this morning I woke up to this beautiful smell, so familiar...yet I found it hard to figure out what it was......my Mum was making some Spaghetti Bolognese. Mmmmmh that smell!! Mouthwatering! Boiling some pasta and making some bolognese sauce is not a challenging task. A very simple dish with so many flavours and textures. But most importantly, it is so filling and gives you a sense of nostalgia...bringing back childhood memories :)

Look out for my next post, with my mum's yummy Spaghetti Bolognese recipe =D

No comments:

Post a Comment